Arrival in the morning at any site is prohibited before 7:30am.
All match times are start times, include only oncourt warm-up. The match must start on time. If you are the first match on, arrive 30-40 minutes early for warm-up. If not first match on, then warmup at practice courts or arrive early and you may be able to take a few empty courts for warm-up.No matches are booked on clay; unless requested by the coach. No matches are scheduled further than 5 miles.
Day before your match:
- Check the online schedule to confirm the time and location of your match
- Check the weather!
- Confirm you have the balls - 5 cans per team (balls can be purchased in advance at checkin or bring with you)
Day of the match:
- Make sure players have proper liquids for the match
- Arrive 45 minutes prior for court availability and warm-up if courts are available.
- In case of rain, a PTR site director or STF Director will contact each coach to inform them if court conditions are playable. This allows teams to relax in the comfort of their accommodation.
- If the four covered courts at the Van der Meer Tennis Center or the 3 indoor courts are available and a team is willing to pay the extra fee, then matches may be played there for an additional cost
- Teams are responsible for assisting the directors in drying the courts. All facilities have roll-dries. Teams that dry their courts are then permitted to play as much of their match as possible but must relinquish the courts no more than 1 1/2 hours past the scheduled ending time.
- With rain or rain delays, you may be asked to go to No-Add scoring. If necessary, you may play only to decision but this is only in the event of rain.
- If your match is stopped by rain and you can't continue within the time frame, after drying the courts, you can resume.
- If you are rained out in an earlier match during the day, there may be a chance to finish the match at another site. Sometimes, it may be even possible to reschedule matches for another day or night. Saturday and Sunday are usually good days to reschedule any rain outs! We will do all in our power to ensure you get to complete your matches.
PTR can provide a ITA-certified referee for your match at a fee of $125 per referee per match. This fee can be split by the coaches, or paid by one coach. Coaches can include this fee in your STF registration fee and PTR will pay the referees. Payment arrangements must be determined in advance.
Once registration payment is received, practice times can be booked. Teams choosing the all-inclusive fee receive up to eight (8) hours of practice time at their choice of practice venues. ( i.e. 2 courts for 2 hours = 4 hours of practice time).
PTR Inc (operators of Spring TennisFest), its Directors, employees, and others related to STF are held harmless for any injuries, accidents or loss of property.
If a team cancels, match fees will be fully refunded up to December 1, 2020. Refunds after that time, but before February 1, will be given at 50% or credited in full to following year's registration.
Our accommodation partners are sponsors who help keep your prices low. They also support our Welcome Dinner.
Payment must be received from each team to list as a confirmed match.Teams are encouraged to send out their official match contracts.